Friday, May 4, 2012

Really...Ok

So, I went for a jog again today, yah for me! While I was hoofing' it around the neighborhood I started feeling like I was never going to improve, a mile is always going to be painful and excruciatingly slow. I am looking forward to 5k's and obstacle courses, but it seems so far away when I am out there panting away.

It was 90 degrees outside today, I had not had any lunch and not enough water to be running (that's what I call it, don't judge!!!) in the heat, I did make it a mile again, last three times out, so all in all pretty good, and I can try again tomorrow.

Lessons learned, no matter what the circumstances are it is important for me to stay on my schedule and to be drinking enough water all the time, not just before and after I exercise.

I will say I am impressed that I got out and ran today, by myself, my coaches had to work. I am sure I could have made it a little further had I had there help, but it really is a new thing for me to want to run on my own!!!

 

Tomorrow I will head out again with my coaches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment